Tuesday, August 02, 2005

August 2nd...
was one of the longest days in my life! On this day, the morning was surprisingly normal, considering the fact that I was going to leave for Hawaii that very afternoon. I had nothing to do in the morning, so spent a little time playing with my camera. My family and I just relaxed at home until at about 2:30pm, we put all the luggage into the car and drove off to church.


There were many wonderful church people gathered there, all just to see me off! I was kinda glad to see that most of them didn't cry as we said our farewell... that would've just made me uncomfortable. So thank you, everyone, for your support and encouragement and for coming to see me off on this day! :D Here's a pic of everyone together!




We left church at around 3:00... and immediately got stuck in traffic jam! Mother began to worry, and was even growing a bit panicky when suddenly the traffic began to flow again. *whew* and so we got there on time (in fact, too early!)

Our family had some snack together at the Narita Airport, then at about 7:30, we said our last farewells and I went off all alone into the plane bound for Honolulu.
The airplane ride was like a nightmare now that I think about it.. I was armed with a good book and lots of music, but with that annoying headache I had, I could not make use of either of them. I simply tried to sit back and sleep, but to no avail. The flight was about 6 1/2 hours long, and I spent most of it doing nothing.

When I got to Honolulu and past the customs inspection place, Naomi and Priscilla were waiting for me... I think they had to wait pretty long for me to arrive. The time was slightly past 10:00am, HNL time. In Hawaii it was the morning of the August 2nd, and therefore it was like starting a day all over again, in a different place.

Naomi and Priscilla were great.. they took me first to the new house (the house is beautiful, and I love our room!) where I finished unpacking in an hour with the help of Priscilla. After lunch, we tried to have me checked in at KCC but failed because I did not have a UH number. Could not take the placement test today either. So all I did today that had to do with college was get a TB shot and make an account at a bank. Thank you Naomi for your help!! ;)

We went to a very special restaurant for dinner, where they serve Thai food.. the food was even better than I had expected! Mmmmmmm!! After dinner, we bought some random stuff. I got some snacks for my parents to send to Japan.

Now I am back and nearly done with the blog, at last! Soon I will take a shower and go to bed... I'm going to sleep like a rock tonight.

5 Comments:

At 2:45 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

That pic is just way freaky. Interesting though. :P Well, glad you're having a good time over in Hawaii!

 
At 11:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello! Yea that picture is really freaky. How did you do that? Glad you arrived to Hawaii safely.

 
At 11:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy to hear that you got here okay, I'm still trying to figure out what that thing on your shirt is, on your bio pic. But anyway, can't wait till we have time to talk and catch up, see you at church :)

 
At 11:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, never mind, I just looked at your first post and saw that it was a bird. For a moment there I thought maybe it was a small hat or something... :p

 
At 11:19 PM, Blogger Maki said...

Haha! Aren't they sweet? If you look closely at the bird at the bottom, you will see that it has a piece of melon in its mouth and that's the only reason why it's on me. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home