Friday, August 05, 2005

Went Downtown and Saw Tourists

Today was another long day. Well every day in Hawaii seems to be long because you lose track of time (at lastI do) and almost forget what day of the week it is. Hawaii is so easy-going and relaxed... I think that I should be careful not to get too used to this environment or I won't be able to live in the more.. (what's the word?) hostile environment of Japan. Okay, enough rambling. Here's what I did today:

In the morning, Priscilla woke up early (as in about 7:45) to practice driving with an instructor. I myself did not become fully concious until 9:00. However, I still beat Erin. Ha! Well that doesn't really count because Erin had come here only yesterday.

After breakfast and after Priscilla had returned from her practice, Naomi took me to get a social security number (ssn)... in order to do that, we first had to visit the college and get a student ID card. That done, we went downtown, found a parking space after a bit of difficulty, and went into the government building. To our disappointment, we found out that I cannot get a SSN until I have some kind of permission from the college to work fulltime there.
So I didn't get a SSN but got to see a little of downtown Hawaii and all its touristiness. I took pics of some of the famous places in Hawaii... the ones with me in it were taken by Naomi.

Before we got home, I had to go to the school hospital (?) to

show the result of that TB shot I had received 2 days ago... as if we did not know what the result was going to be.. of course it turned out to be positive. All Japanese are, or at least are supposed to be.




We returned after 1:00 and ate lunch which consisted of what remained of the tacos we had last night.
Then I went back to my room and chatted/talked with some people, including my parents.


In the evening, I accompanied Erin to the grocery store to get some food that was necessary for the wonderfully delicious dinner that Naomi was making. I don't know the names of all the food, and now that I come to think of it I should have taken pics of them... but there was scallop in some kind of sauce which I loved, potato with cheese and corn beef, rosemary pork with tomatoes and other things besides!

When dinner was over, we decided to go to Waikiki together. Of course it was nighttime then, but Waikiki beach was really packed with tourists of the night. There were so many interesting touristy shops along the street, but ignoring all those, we went to Cold Stone icecream shop where Naomi treated us to some great dessert! We all ordered different flavors, but only Erin got the cone, which is that big thing she's holding in the pic at the bottom. Oh, and did you know I own a shop in Hawaii? Look at the pic below.















We got back home full and happy... so that's all the things I did this day.

Well, since all the pics above are so tropical and Hawaiian, I'll just add one more pic (a painting) from a differnt place. Can you guess where it is and who painted it?

6 Comments:

At 10:37 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Lol, "Maki's"? That must have been funny! I like all your pics, sounds like you had a great day. And wow, that last painting...you're so good at it. *jealous* :P Okay, well, glad to know you had fun!

 
At 11:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's really maki's painting? unreal...sooooooooooooooooooo good! I think you can skip 'introduction to drawing' class.

 
At 4:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi lol I like your swimsuit shop. ^^ Glad to see you're doing fine...and guess what I might get a new bird...or new birdS! Oh yea new blog up yipee.

 
At 6:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maki, you really painted the pic.? What medium did you use? Watercolor? Very nice!!!
I guess days of mourning for Budgie are over and as Rie said, we will try to get nestlings if we can.

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger Maki said...

aaaawww that would be so nice... a new bird!! :D

That painting is acrylic, and I painted it last Christmas to give my grandmother.

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger Elle said...

Wow Maki you drew that pic.? You are so~ good!!!BTW pix you took are nice ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home