Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Sunday at the Beach

Last weekend was quite eventful. On Saturday I went on another driving practice with my instructor from 7:00am. After practice I was dropped off in front of a building downtown, where I helped set up an art gallery as a volunteer, with my gallery class instructor. The gallery had over 200 artworks, but we were very efficient and finished setting up everything by 3:00pm. I heard from my teacher afterwards that when the gallery opened on Sunday, over 500 people came to see it! And because they couldn't let everyone in at once, some people had to wait an hour to get in!


On Sunday, we went to the 8:00am service at New Hope Diamond Head. After that, we had our own worship time at home.

Then, at around 11:00am the four of us went over to Magic Island, where some of our friends from Kaimuki church and Naomi's Bible study group were holding a barbeque. It was a beautiful day but not too hot, so many of us played volleyball nearby (and thanks to that, I now have muscle pain!!). Others went to bask in the sun at the beach or have a swim. Well I'll let the pictures do the talking instead of me:



Volleyball!























The thing behind the clouds is actually the sun, not the moon.







We had a nice, relaxing time there.

This week is going pretty normal, except that Naomi will be leaving for Japan tomorrow morning, and there will be only three of us here for a few weeks.
That's about it for now. I will put up more pics next time I post (if I have any)! ;)

1 Comments:

At 10:57 PM, Blogger Meg said...

Wow! Thats a real good view!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home