Saturday, October 14, 2006

Field Trip! :D

Last night, all four of us went to a Chinese restaurant with maybe 15 other church friends to celebrate Tiffany's birthday. The food was delicious, and we had a good time! By the time we got home, though, it was pretty late.. so I ended up going to be at around 1:00am! Normally I go to bed way earlier than that, just so you know.


Mmmmm!! I loved that shrimp with lobster sauce! Erin's duck and Priscilla's fried rice were great too. :P






Today I met with my sculpture instructor and fellow classmates at an art exhibit at the Honolulu Academy of Arts. Strange that even as a college student I still go on field trips. I got to see many interesting sculptures and ceramic artworks and had a great time.

After waking up this morning, Erin kindly dropped me off in front of the museum at 10:00am. The tour of the exhibit took only about 45 minutes but I stayed longer, discussing the artworks with my instructor. I'd upload the pictures of the pieces at the exhibit, but I don't think I should... so I'll just put up the piccie of the Chinese garden at the Academy of Arts. Very pretty!!




I spent several hours in the afternoon reading the classic novel "Rebecca", which is just a little like a darker, creepier version of Jane Eyre. Very interesting and hard to put down!

So tomorrow is Sunday, and also Mrs. Sato's last full day here in Hawaii. We'll be going to the New Hope church at Diamond Head after our own service. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home