Tuesday, October 03, 2006

What, 7th week already!

Sorry for not updating for a while again. Seems like my daily blogwriting habit has disappeared during my 3-month stay in Japan. Maybe I'm just being lazy. :P Anyhow here I am putting down in this post the goings-on of my first week or two as a 20-year-old!

School is going great as usual. Just today I got a good score for my design class, which made me very happy! My sculpture class teacher seems to like me too... he used to live in Japan for a while, so he tries to speak to me in broken Japanese (which I don't always understand! lol) but I still enjoy talking with him. There is much advantage to be gained by sitting somewhere close to the instructor rather than farther away. I try to sit in the front as much as possible, and as a result I think I get to learn more from the teachers.

Mrs. Sato is here now, and it's wonderful having her here. She is going to have her eye laser surgery tomorrow morning already! Just today, she cooked her world-famous okonomiyaki for dinner! Mmmmmm I never dreamed I'd get to eat that okonomiyaki in Hawaii! :P




....

This may be hard to believe, but this post has been written over a period of 3 days because I didn't finish writing during the last 2 nights... and now it is Thursday, and Mrs. Sato has had her LASIK, which went very well! :D We're all very happy about it.

Priscilla and I are done with our school stuff for the week, and we have just returned from a performance of the musical Thoroughly Modern Millie. It was very good, the best amateur production of a musical I have seen! :D The performers were all very talented, and it was obvious they were having a lot of fun performing. The orchestra was small but skilled as well... the conductor guy had more than one thing to do: he conducted, played keyboards and the saxophone. It was pretty fun just watching him do all those things. :)

Tomorrow there is no school! No real plans yet but I'm hoping to do something productive with my time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home