Saturday, August 26, 2006

Back from LASIK!

So I have survived the eye laser surgery on Thursday, and though I'm still not supposed to be at the computer much, I guess blogs are allowed. :P I've missed a few days, so I'll go over them briefly.

At 7:45 in the morning on Thursday, Naomi took me to Aloha Laser Visions for my surgery. Naturally, I was more than a little nervous! They gave me some kind of pill called valium, which obviously has some kind of calming effects but has opposite effects on some people (like Priscilla). The first part of the surgery where they cut out a flap from the cornea was rather uncomfortable, but the actual laser part didn't hurt at all... just smelled like something burning when the laser was going "bzzzzt!". Immediately after the surgery, which took about 20min, everything looked foggy. Naomi drove me home, put me in bed, and left again to drop off the Kanais at the airport. Too bad I didn't get to say good-bye to them at the airport...
To Mr. and Mrs. Kanai and Maria: Thank you for all the wonderful times!!

I slept for about 4 hours after surgery, and when I woke up, Voila! I could see!! :D It feels like I am looking through a lens because I hadn't been wearing glasses or contact lens, but I can see everything so clearly! I'd never realized till now how bad my eyesight actually was before. Amazing!! Thanks to everyone for their prayers in making this come true.


So now my eyesight is 20 20 and might become even better in the future. :) During yesterday and today I've basically been taking it easy and getting used to my eyesight. Today we got to clean up the whole house and go to Walmart to do some shopping... lots of fun!

Okay now I am getting off the computer before Priscilla or Erin tells me to get off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home