Monday, August 21, 2006

Survived first day of class!

Yes I really did survive it! And so far all 3 classes I attended today seem really great (though I won't know for sure until I get into the real thing... today was just the introduction), and the instructors seemed to be good teachers. Here's how the day went:

I woke up at 7:00am at the sound of my alarm beeping. Waking up as quietly as possible and carefully walking around Maria to avoid stepping on her, I changed my clothes and walked to campus to my first class: the 8:00~10:30am sculpture class.
The students there seemed quite artsy... the instructor, Mr. Browne, seems to be one of the most prominent sculptors in Hawaii, which is something even though Hawaii isn't very big. He was a nice guy and explained everything about the course to us. This class is going to be fun, I can tell.. we're going to make stuff with everything from paper to toothpick to clay, and near the end of the semester we're even going to make a silver ring! *is excited*

The sculpture class ended very early and left me with about 3 hours to spare before the next class at 12:00pm. I killed time by going over to the computer lab to check mail, then walking over to the library (where there's peace & quiet) to relax with some art and history books. I also did some random drawing as well. Ah I love spending time at the library!

Next class: ESS (Exercise Sports & Science) 12:00~1:15pm
This class is about health, fitness and wellness of your body and how to use the knowledge to improve your lifestyle. lol Sounds difficult, but from what the instructor explained the class doesn't seem too complicated. The classroom we're using happens to be the same as the one we used for math class a year ago.

Priscilla and I walked home after this class, and while Priscilla and Naomi left shortly after lunch to shop, I stayed at home until they came to pick me up and drop Priscilla and me off at campus for our 3rd and last class of the day, which was...

Speech 3:15~4:30pm
Honestly speaking, I didn't know what to expect of this class since I didn't know what kind of speech we were going to do in it. I thought it was the kind of speech where you stand on a podium in front of a million people and say something impressive and/or entertaining... but it turned out that this class is all about developing and improving person-to-person conversation skills. Suddenly this class became a lot more interesting to me! The instructor is a nice man too, which makes this class more likeable.


So that's how our first day of class went. ESS and Speech are the two classes Priscilla and I are taking together this semester.
For dinner, we all met with Mr. and Mrs. Kanai at Chiang Mai, the Thai food restaurant where they serve the best pineapple fried rice in the world! We all enjoyed and loved the Thai food, including the yellow curry and the green curry. Oof, now I'm stuffed again! :P


Tomorrow's classes: Design class (8:00~10:30am) and Psychology (3:15~4:30pm).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home