Wednesday, January 10, 2007

First Week of School

Whew... Wednesday is finally over! This week seems really long, and it's not at all surprising since Priscilla and I have been going to our new classes since Monday. So far all of my classes seem great, and though there will be a lot of work to do I'm sure I'll learn lots of valuable things this semester.

So my classes this semester are:

Introduction to Drawing: This one's a fairly easy and fun class because I'm not new to the kinds of activity we do in it. The teacher is the same as the one who taught my painting class over a year ago, and still remembers me ("Maki, you never missed one class in that painting class, yah?")

Interface Programming: I get to learn how to use HTML, XHTML and CSS in this class to make websites. I've always wanted to learn this kind of thing so it's really cool that I get to take this course!

Intro to Visual Arts: Okay so class mainly covers really basic art stuff, but it's writing intensive, and I need one more writing intensive class in order to graduate with my degree. So this seemed like my best choice. :) I'm sure I'll learn some new things from it.

Gallery and Exhibit Design: Wow... the number of students in this class is no more than 4 (including myself)! It's a tiny class but we get to work on the art gallery on campus and will get to see and know lots of renowned Hawaiian artists. Putting up and taking down exhibitions will require a lot of effort, but I'm excited about it.

Basic Stagecraft: This is the class I am most excited about!! In this class there are 5 students including myself, and we do all the backstage work for the upcoming musical "Evita" (in which Priscilla will be performing) including lighting, sounds, and backdrops. There'll be a lot of construction stuff and I'll be hammering, screwing, sawing, welding, etc. The instructor is a cool, experienced guy who was in the marines for 17 years. I can't wait to get started!



I had one more class, which was voice class, but I decided to drop it since it seemed a bit pointless to me and also because I thought that having six classes is a bit too much for me.

Anyways, enough about my classes... here are a couple of pictures I took on campus today. Unfortunately it was very cloudy (though not very rainy), so it doesn't look much like Hawaii.


This is Maile, the theatre building where the musical "Evita" will be played. Of course, it's also where I have my stagecraft class and Priscilla practices for the actual musical.








Another view, which shows how cloudy it was.














Random pic of the day: my Boingers! It's my Christmas gift from Priscilla. I love this little guy so much.. it makes a boinging noise when I drop it, and is so soft and cuddly.

1 Comments:

At 1:38 AM, Blogger RiMi said...

Wow your classes sound like a lot of fun ^^ And I like Boingers.. haha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home