Thursday, November 09, 2006

My "masterpiece"

Today I finally brought home my plaster sculpture, which I'd completed during sculpture class yesterday. The goal of this project was to create any kind of object that would be found at the children's playground. I decided to make one of those tubes that kids can crawl in on all fours and explore, so here is the result:











Hollowing it out was the hardest part of it, since the only tools I had were a chisel, paring knife and a file. Most of the other students made shapes of animals, and I was the only one who made something as abstract as this.



Top view.










From the other side.





This piece is going to be displayed at the campus' gallery next spring, so I'm excited about it! I think I will color it with acrylic paint, since right now it's rather powdery and flaky. If you have any ideas about what kinds of colors or patterns to use on it, I would be happy to hear it! :)


And since I am tired of looking at all this whiteness of the plaster, I'm putting something with a little more color here:


A little green gecko that I took into custody the other day, because it was running around everywhere in our room. I later let it go out of the house, of course. ;) It was really cute!

3 Comments:

At 11:05 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Awesome! Looks quite hard to make. :D And the gecko is Adorable.

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger Meg said...

cool, you get to have your art work in a gallery! And that gecko's so tiny and kinda cute :D.

 
At 8:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

n everyone's life, at some dated, our inner pep goes out. It is then burst into enthusiasm at near an be faced with with another hominoid being. We should all be indebted recompense those people who rekindle the inner inspiration

 

Post a Comment

<< Home