Friday, August 05, 2005

X-ray and Evening Service

Today I woke up late as usual, and as usual, Naomi was already up and about. As soon as I had eaten breakfast and was ready, (that was already past 10:00) Naomi took me to the health center to have my chest X-ray taken. The X-ray had to be done in order to "prove" that I am immune to tuberculosis. After the photo was taken, we found out that I will not be getting the results until next Thursday (believe that?)... when I was in Japan, I got the results only a few minutes after getting the photo taken. Oh well..

We got home, ate lunch, then I did computers, read books, etc, until about 1:45. That was when Priscilla and I went to Kahala Theatre to watch Fantastic Four. It was such a fun movie... and the effects were pretty cool. It was also funny and had me laughing a few times. Unlike in the Japanese movie theaters, everyone does not have to keep silent. Here's the original Marvel comic version and the movie version:



Priscilla and I visited Barnes & Noble after the movie. Priscilla got the book Moonstone which she was very happy about. I myself found a book that I wanted: the original Les Miserables novel by Victor Hugo. Of course it's very long and complicated and is not a happy-ending story, I want to read it because of the musical. Look at happy ol' me holding the book.. and the thickness of the book when compared to the English Bible.

We got home and each did our individual things until we left for the Friday evening service at Kaimuki Christian Church which started at 7:00. It was great getting to see the people I knew again.

The service itself was pretty loud because of the many kids (over 200) who were there that week for Vacation Bible School. All of them, from preschool kids to 6th graders, performed sign dance in front of everyone. Somehow, I started to get very sleepy and lose concentration during the service and had to struggle to pay attention to what was going on.

After the service came the "interesting" part.. it took over 30 min to greet people and say bye to them. About 18 of us got together and decided to eat out together. At first we were going to go to this pizza place, which was too crowded for 18 people to sit in one place at the same time.

We ended up going to Chili's, and we put three tables together in order to stay in one group. A few people had gone away when we got there, so there was less than 18 of us.

I wasn't very hungry during dinner, so Priscilla ate most of the ribs which we ordered. During the whole time I sat at the corner of the table, talking with mostly Priscilla and Ericson. Yeah they're fun people to have conversation with, and so fortunately I didn't grow too quiet and distracted. I lost count of how many cups of lemonade Ericson emptied...

I think that this going to church was the most tiring thing I had been through since I came here.. It's a good thing tomorrow's a weekend and there's not much to do! I'll add another pic at the end... this time a drawing.

2 Comments:

At 12:34 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Aaah! Maki yet again leaves an astounding piece of art by her! *faints* :P Okay, I guess I'm just being dramatic. Sounds like you had a really 'filled-up' day today. Glad you got the Les Miserables book and wow, it IS really thick! Good luck reading it! :D Though I'm sure you'll like it.

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger Tsubasa Kato said...

Nice picture of a dragon :) cool

 

Post a Comment

<< Home