Saturday, August 06, 2005

Aaaaaaaaaahh, the Beach!!!

Today was a very relaxing weekend. Because I was tired from yesterday's church thing, I didn't wake up until after 9:00 (again). I didn't feel like having breakfast because the dinner last night had been late... so I just had a kind of green concoction made from vegetables, called "Aojiru".

The rest of the morning was spent watching two episodes of Remington Steele with Priscilla and Naomi. They were great episodes and it was a great way to spend a lazy weekend morning: having a good time with friends.

Then, after lunch, at around 2:00pm, Erin and I went to the beach. Priscilla and Naomi dropped us off at Waikiki and went off shopping at Costco and other places. Erin and I simply relaxed at the beach for a while, under the palm trees with the tourists. There were many Japanese about, of course. I tried to be in the sun for a while because I needed a little tan. (I've had too many people tell me that "You're so white!!") Well, not sure if I got much tan, but I eventually will anyway.


When it became too hot to stay out in the sun, we went to look at some shops along the street. Erin took me to some interesting places, like the International Marketplace and another shop called "Natural Hawaiian" (or was it "Hawaiian Natural"?). Erin found a pretty decoration to hang from the ceiling in her room, so I was very happy for her.
Priscilla and Naomi later came back to pick us up after their shopping was done. Naomi got a big chair which she calls it her "CEO chair"... yes, she's apparently very happy and pleased with it. :D


<<<<---------- Look at these beautiful palm trees... I took it while I was out on the beach lying on my back, looking up. They provided a nice shade. I learned something today: Staying out in the Hawaiian sun drains your energy. When I got home I was feeling rather sleepy, but I spent some time talking to my mother, grandmother, and auntie on Skype. My mother's side of the family is pretty interesting to talk to. :P Dinner was another delicious meal prepared by Naomi and Erin. There was some kind of tuna, and chicken with apple sauce. Priscilla and I were the ones to clean up the dishes, of course. I keep feeling that I should be of more help than that, though.
After dinner, Priscilla and I watched Ghostbusters 2, which Priscilla had just bought at Costco for a very good price. It was scary but hilarious movie. I don't know which I like better, 1 or 2. They are both great in different ways.

Oh, and one other thing I almost forgot to mention. Before dinner, Erin helped me choose some classes I will be taking this semester. I don't know how I would have managed without her help, so thank you very much Erin! *hugs*

Good night everyone! Namarie! (Elvish for goodbye)

3 Comments:

At 12:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Maki. Niiiceee....beach! Yes, I guess you heard from Father about sushi. Hehehehehehee...

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Ah, the beach sounds nice! Sounds like you had a really relaxing day.

 
At 5:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Takuma seems to be so happy to have his parents and sushi all by himself. lol...ha..ha..ha..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home