Monday, January 09, 2006

First Day of School (yay there are 4 of us now!)

Our first day of Spring 2006 semester started early; we both have 8:00am classes on both Monday and Wednesday. It's slightly better than last semester, when we had 8:00 classes on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Ooh it's so exciting to go to new classes and meet all-new people!

My first class was the Introduction to Digital Arts, where I will learn some basics of softwares like Photoshop and Flash. The teacher seems pretty knowledgable, though she is young (27). We didn't do much today since it was still our first day, but we already got a homework due on Wednesday: we have to write a little story about a "fantasy meal", which will later become one of our projects on the computer. I saw some of the earlier peoples' artwork, and there was a picture in which a guy was surfing in a bowl of ramen. In another picture, a sushi was depicted cooking a live fish... how twisted! Well, mine is going to be a little like that too, I think.

I had over an hour before my second class, so I killed some time in the cafeteria trying to come up with an idea (in other words, awaiting for inspiration) for my fantasy meal homework. At 10:45am, I went to the English 257B class. This class is one of the higher level English classes and focuses on the multiethnic literatures of Hawaii. Doesn't sound that exciting, but hey, it's one of the classes I have to take.

Fortunately, the instructor is a really lively, talkative, local lady and makes the class pretty fun. She doesn't really act like an instructor, so the class is more like a get-together, discussion type thing. In order to get to know each other better, the classmates had to team up and write a short poem (no rhyme, thank goodness!) about each other. The name of the girl I wrote about happened to be Erin!

That class was over at 12:00. Wow Priscilla and I have the whole afternoon free on Mondays and Wednesdays! This feels great! :D I walked home, ate lunch, and talked to my parents. My father gave me some ideas to use for my art homework, and I think I can use one of the ideas to make my own picture. It's a crazy, meaningless story about a family of eggs having a Christmas feast. Reading this in front of the class is going to be a most embarrassing experience!

Erin went to her afternoon guitar class and came back with some important documents that we have to send to the mainland as soon as possible... so we went to the crowded post office to do that.

After that, we made a delicious dinner of rice, unagi, steamed salmon, and salad. While I cleaned the dishes, Erin went to pick up Naomi and Priscilla. At around 9:15pm, they arrived home! :D It's so nice to have them back.

The rest of the night was a flurry of unpacking and putting away stuff. Priscilla and I have three classes tomorrow, and we'd better be attentive during them, so good night!!

3 Comments:

At 1:42 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

lol, your art class sounds really fun and very 'artsy', if you get what I mean. Good luck in your classes and hope you do as well as you did last semester!

 
At 2:11 AM, Blogger Elle said...

Nice to hear that Naomi and Priscilla are same back in Hawaii again!

 
At 2:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey that is so cool you are learning digital arts, and the fantasy meal sounds funny in a good way haha :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home