Wednesday, December 14, 2005

A shopping day!

This morning, we decided to all go to Costco together to buy stuff to take home to Japan. Costco was, as usual, pretty crowded. We enjoyed looking at the DVD and CD section, which always has new stuff in stock. I ended up buying some snacks, plus a set of puppet birds which I thought was really cute! They will probably scare my poor little birds at home!

We bought food at Costco (I love their pizza!) and ate in the car on the way home. It was a hot day today, so we lazed about at home for a couple hours before Priscilla went to her last final exam of this semester. After she came back, Erin and I went to Kahala Mall to do some more shopping.

*sigh* My shopping list (from my mother) never seems to end! However, I am now almost done with all the shopping! I bought a nice towel and potholder for my grandmother, and lots of chocolate for other relatives, etc.

When we came back, there was a package that had just arrived from Naomi's friend Debra. In the package were early Christmas gifts for the four of us! She gave me a picture of Monet's painting to hang up on the wall, and also a nice-smelling thing to put on the head when relaxing. I'm very happy with the gifts!

In the evening, we went down to Waikiki to celebrate the end of our semester at the Cheesecake Factory! There were lots of tourists there, as always, but we didn't have to wait very long.

I must admit that the entrance looks rather intimidating, but the waiters were all really nice, and the food was all excellent, especially the cheesecake (doh). Every dish was huge and American; Here is Erin with her beef something dish.


We went home feeling very full and content... and happy that we finished our semester. I hope that the next semester will go just as well as this one!


2 Comments:

At 1:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mm..cheesecake..i looove cheesecake!!

 
At 2:12 AM, Blogger Elle said...

Lol about the shopping list from your mom!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home