Thursday, January 12, 2006

I love these classes already!! :D

Today, I was dropped off at the campus at 8:00am by Naomi, even though my Music class was not to start until 9:15. So I took a seat in the cafeteria and looked over my music book for a while, going over the material for this week.

After getting out of the cafeteria and running into Priscilla and Nichelle on the way, I reached the Kalia building and walked into the music class. Since I knew that this was one of those classes that run out of seats quickly, I came in early and got the front seat. The teacher, Lina Doo, makes her class fun to be in... we basically learned about rhythm and melody today, and listened to some examples. It's easy, but there are lots of terms to memorize, like idiophones, membranophones, hetero, musical texture, homophonic and heterophonic, etc. For an example of harmonization, she made the class sing a C chord... but most of the students were so off key!

I ran to the theatre building, where the instructor, Mrs. Perez, made us start by lying on towls laid on the floor and doing a breathing, concentration exercise. After that, she told us to pretend (or act) that we were in a highschool basketball team. There had to be one referee, three people on each team, and some spectators. It was so fun to act it out... well, I think that half of it was real, not just acting. After a while, the teacher told us to do it slow motion!! It was so funny, everyone was moving so slowly and even yelling slowly! Finally, we had to do slow motion, but without the ball! It went crazy when the referee decided to be mean and unfair, and when the opposing teams got excited and started shouting and trying to get at each other. All of that was acting, of couse... or so I hope! LOL In the end, the teacher congratulated us, saying that we did very well for beginners. Yaay! ;D

We went home and relaxed for a few hours before going to our afternoon Geography class at 3:15pm. This teacher, who is still a little young, is not the best teacher I've seen, but I guess she's okay. We learned about kinds of maps that are out there (globe, Mercater, Peter...), and got to get out of class a little early! I hope this class will be an easy one!

We stopped by at Longs Drugstore on the way home to buy notebooks and stuff for studying. Right after we got home, we washed the car clean because it had become dirty again! *sigh* Well, it's clean now and hopefully it will stay that way for a few days.

I did a little homework for my art class today... I'm supposed to sketch two perspectives for all the characters and objects I will use in my picture. Here's what I've done so far. I know it looks really weird, but my story is about a family of eggs having a Christmas feast of roast chicken. I can't believe I'm doing this... So this is the boy and the father. Mother and sister will be following soon!


Naomi cooked a kind of chicken stew for dinner along with rice and asparagus. I think I should start making dinner sometimes too.

Tomorrow I get to sleep in!! :D Oh happiness! There's just one Geography lab class which I will be taking with Priscilla in the afternoon.

1 Comments:

At 3:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha those eggs are very cute ^^

 

Post a Comment

<< Home