Monday, March 20, 2006

First day of international festival: Native American dance

This morning, I failed to wake up at the sound of my alarm clock.. again. I think I'm going to have to go to bed earlier as I feel kind of bad making Erin wake me up all the time. I hope that I won't have an 8:00am class next semester.

Today we turned in our art project to the teacher and put the finished work on the board for all to see. We wrote our critiques on pieces of paper for each person's work (14 in all) and gave them to each other. Ailed, my art teacher, is always fun... she's from Mexico, and when some students started a random conversation about Pidjin English being a language (and not a dialect or slang), she said that she should make Mexican accent an English too.. that accent is really funny to listen to!

After the English class, Naomi and I were picked up by Priscilla and got home, but stayed there for less than an hour because Priscilla had to go to the blood drive at 1:15pm, and I wanted to see the International Festival.
So I left Priscilla at the "bloodmobile" and went to the cafeteria to see what was going on there. As it turned out, there was a Native American event going on. There was one huge guy fully dressed in traditional attire.. there were also a few other men, women and children, not all of them clothed like Indians.

There was also a medicine man who played the flute for us... the sound of the flute was really beautiful!! I later saw that he was selling some real Native American flutes, and I so wanted to get one! They were at a very good price ($90~100), but alas, still too much for a college student on a budget. :(



I met Priscilla outside the cafeteria after her blood drive was done.. she looked pale and not too good, so we called Naomi to pick us up and went home.


For the rest of the day, we stayed at home: Priscilla took a nap, and I studied for my music quiz for tomorrow. I am also trying to come up with ideas for the next art project... I'm supposed to do a Photoshop work on a social/political issue, so I chose underage drinking. It's just hard to come up with three different ideas until Wednesday!

Tomorrow is Priscilla's monologue day, and I'm looking forward to seeing her on stage! ;)

1 Comments:

At 2:01 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Iiiiiiinteresting.

Lol, underage drinking! Good luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home