Tuesday, March 14, 2006

"Well, I must say, Algernon... "

Today I woke up a little nervous.. I think I'd been nervous since last night, because I didn't sleep very well. I was nervous because I was not sure if I was ready for my monologue. Of course, I already had the "costume" which I'd borrowed from Erin and Naomi, and the script had been memorized. Still, performing in front of a teacher is different from doing it with friends.

First came the music class, during which we learned about Latin American music. I forgot to ask my music teacher about next semester's musical theatre class, which Priscilla and I are planning to take.


Then came the theatre class! There were four people in all doing monologues today, and I was the second one. I put on the costume and the fake British accent and did it. My part was the "Lady Bracknell" from the Importance of Being Earnest... it was the scene where she is talking about her lack of sympathy for invalids. LOL Strange thing was, I wasn't that nervous when I actually was on stage. This is the same scene from the movie adaptation of the play.
Everyone seemed to like my monologue, so I was very happy! :D


We had lunch at the cafeteria... then I went to the library to look for any information available on a Japanese instrument called Taisho-Goto. It was pretty hard to find anything on that certain instrument.. hmm, I hope I'll be able to find enough for my music presentation.

Geography class was all about types of weathering and erosion. Zzzz.... No, actually it was quite interesting, though nothing that I did not learn in KCIS! :)

We got home after 4:00pm. After eating Naomi's taco salad and stew for dinner, we watched the 2-hour-long American Idol. This week, all 12 contestants had to sing Stevie Wonder songs (which we all love). Some of those people are so good!!

Off to bed now... I'm looking forward to tomorrow's art class!

1 Comments:

At 3:02 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Woot, great your monologue went well!! :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home