Sunday, March 12, 2006

Lunch with the Japanese girls

This morning, we had a mini service at home during which we had worship and a short sermon by Erin. After that, we went to the New Hope church, a big church that gathers at a large school's stage. It was my first time to go, so I was wowed by all their equipments (like cameras) and the full stage with lighting effects. I wish I'd taken a picture of it.
The pastor of that church wasn't there, so there was a guest speaker who talked about being courageous and overcoming fear. After the service was over, we saw Aimee, our friend from theatre class fluent in ASL. We spent some time conversing with other ASL people... and I realized that I'd forgotten a lot of ASL already! Gotta practice more!


After we got back home, the Japanese girls (from Priscilla's class) whom we had invited over for lunch came. We all had a great lunch... the girls were impressed with Naomi's cooking. :) Priscilla and the girls stayed until after 5:00pm, working hard on their poster project. Meanwhile, I had my own project to work on!

The afternoon was mostly spent doing my Photoshop project. It is so fun that time passes by all too quickly. I think I progressed a lot today, so I can show it to my instructor for tomorrow's critique. After the girls went home, we watched Cellular. Jason Statham makes such a cool bad guy!

For dinner we ate leftovers, which we had a plenty of. I worked with Photoshop some more after dinner, then chatted with some people.

Tomorrow I am happy about the art class, but not about the English class... I am going to have a discussion with my teacher concerning a certain assigned book. I pray that it will go well. Good night!

1 Comments:

At 3:04 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

hope your discussion goes well...lol, what a weird book.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home