Friday, March 03, 2006

Jellicle Cats come out tonight ~~

Today there was no school!! However, I did do my studies for a few hours (with a plenty of breaks in between, of course!).

Not much to say about the afternoon, except that Priscilla, Naomi and I watched the sequel to the "Thin Man". After that, I continued writing my anthology for the English class. All I can say about it is that it's not very fun to do.


At 6:00pm, Erin and I left for the Army Community Theatre to see "Cats"! This was my first experience to go to a community theatre here, so it was fun. We had some trouble getting to the place, because it is a place for military people, and the directions were confusing. However, we somehow made it to the theatre in time!

I'll list the good things about the performance first: some of the cast members (some, not all) were great singers, and performed very energetically. The stunts like cartwheels and backflips were impressive as well. A few of the cast also did a great job of looking like cats.


The bad things about the performance: Some of the people were not very good singers, esp. Munkustrap (a big disappointment as he's one of my favorites!). The dances were not very synchronized.. they probably didn't have enough practice or something. Then there were the technical problems with the microphones and speakers... argh!! Those were so annoying! The funniest part of the whole thing took place during what was supposed to be the best trumpet solo near the end, when the trumpet sound totally broke up and couldn't reach the top notes.. Erin and I just couldn't stop laughing! I'll bet the poor trumpet guy must be so embarrassed!

Well, here are a few of my favorite cats (these pics are from the professional show):



Munkustrap, the narrator and the leader.



Mr. Mistoffelees, the magical cat
Skimbleshanks the railway cat.
Victoria, the white ballerina kitten.
I ordered a DVD of the broadway version, and I can't wait to see it so I can compare this production to the professional one. :) It was an amateur show, but I still enjoyed it. Writing a music report on this experience is going to be fun!

2 Comments:

At 12:10 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Ahhh, Cats...:D Lol, the poor trumpet dude, but it sounds fun. (The show, not the trumpet)

 
At 12:24 AM, Blogger Maki said...

LOL Yes it is still a good show, especially for people who likes dancing and choreography!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home