Friday, February 24, 2006

A little hyperness at Lab class

Everyone seemed to be going in and out of the house today, so I am a little confused about what went on!
This morning, I woke up to find that everyone had gone out already. So I got up and did some homework for my English class, which was yet another response for another Hawaiian poem.
Then I found myself feeling very artistic.. I get that sometimes.. and started practicing on charcoal. This time, I didn't mess up, thanks to the new art tools that I'd bought this week.

This took about an hour to complete: it is the Empress Elisabeth of Austria, the last of the Hapsburg family. It's actually not the portrait of the real Elisbeth, but the actress (Pia Douwes) who played her part in the musical "Elisabeth". I must admit that I think it turned out pretty well!
Do you see any similarity in Elisabeth and Emmy Rossum's Christine when she sang "Think of Me"? That's because Emmy's dress was a complete replica of the historical Elisabeth's dress in her most famous portrait.

Priscilla came back before lunchtime, then left soon after with Pastor and Naomi. I fixed some lunch for myself, and soon after eating lunch I walked to the campus.



Today's geography lab class was about observing the environment and making hypotheses about it. For example, if some change was to come to the amount of sunlight we receive, how will it affect the plants or water supply? Well, towards the middle, my group started to go a little hyper and started making hypotheses like "If no rain comes, the snails will perish".. we just couldn't get serious for a while! Finally, we finished it, and Priscilla and I got to drive home.

Back at home, Pastor, Naomi and Priscilla left before dinnertime, so Erin and I ate dinner together. The rest of the night was mostly spent chatting with people and planning on my English anthology project.

It's getting late, and I have yet to take a shower. So good night everyone!!

1 Comments:

At 1:58 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

haha, hyperness indeed. :D Yeah, her dress does look like Emmy Rossum's (bleh). Charcoal...aaah, sounds fun. :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home