Friday, February 17, 2006

Playing around with the GPS

I like Fridays.. I have only one class in the afternoon, and that's the lab class so it's not so bad, though it can be dull at times.

Priscilla woke up and left for her Japanese class long before I woke up. There was a plenty of things to do, so I started by continuing my fantasy meal project. It takes a lot of time, but I am getting more used to the software so I'm enjoying it. Time passes so quickly when I work on the project... before I knew it, it was already lunchtime, then I had to leave for my geography lab class.

Today, we got to play around with a device called the GPS (Global Positioning System). It looks something like this thing in the picture here. This device sends out transmission to satellites above, which comes back down and tells you your exact position in latitude and longitude. We actually went outside on campus and walked around, measuring our positions and walking speeds. The GPS can be found on cellphones and cars.

After returning home at around 3:30pm, I worked on my art project.. again. I really should start my geography paper soon, but I want to finish up the art one first! Again, hours flew by while I worked, until after Naomi called us to join her and some other church friends for dinner at Chili's.

There were about 9 people, and a few of them were Japanese students. Today I ordered the "guiltless chicken sandwich", which was a "healthy" kind of dish. The sandwich itself was delicious, but I couldn't finish the big slices of non-flavored green peppers; it was too much even for me. We had a fun time together, but I became very sleepy by the time we were finished.


Now it's pretty late because we came back from Chili's not too long ago.. I'm off to bed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home