Sunday, February 05, 2006

Another 2-day Post

Sorry for not updating yesterday.. my computer went weird last night so I couldn't post anything! :( So I will put up yesterday's pictures here today!

Ericson was kind enough to invite us to go to a carnival with him. This was my first time to go to a real American carnival, so it was an interesting experience. The day was slightly cloudy, but the sun occasionally came out.

<< See the pink & blue standing thing? That's a tiny version of the free-fall device (where the thing you sit on goes to the top, then falls) that we see in big amusement parks.



We decided that it would be better to do the rides before eating lunch. So first we all rode on the ferris wheel, which rotated pretty fast. It was windy up there, but not at all scary.

Next, I rode the pirate ship thing with Priscilla, only it was an Egyptian pharaoh ship. I love this ride, so we enjoyed it immensely! Can you see me on the high end of the ship, raising my hands?

We did a few more rides, then ate lunch at the food area. Next, we went to play the various games, like throwing a basketball into a hoop and throwing darts at balloons. I won just one prize from the balloon game, which is an orange gecko plushie.

Afterwards, we went to a flea market kind of place within the carnival, where all of us put as many books as we liked into one paper bag and got the whole thing for just $5!

Group photo! Ericson's not here as he was the one holding this camera.






Sunday...

We started our service at 10:00am. Today was Erin's turn to lead, and during the worship, she played the keyboards while I played the guitar. We listened to one of Pastor's sermon CDs, titled "Let God be True".

Then from 12:00pm to nearly 6:00pm, we were at Joe & Mercy/Christi & Brandon's house (believe me, it's one house) to watch the Superbowl on TV with some other church friends. Though I don't really care or know much about football, it was fun being with the others. The team I was rooting for lost in the end... too bad. I didn't know Superbowl was such a big deal here until now. I think the parts I enjoyed most were the commercials, which were really interesting.

I was really full and sleepy after we got home, so I didn't eat dinner. Instead, I chatted with my family and started reading one of the used books I got at the carnival.

Tomorrow starts early again, so good night!














1 Comments:

At 1:11 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oooh, sounds like you had a great time...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home