Wednesday, February 01, 2006

A very short day at school

As I have said on yesterday's blog, there was only one class (art class) today because of my English class teacher's absence. During the art class, we just basically worked silently on each of our own projects and called the teacher whenever we needed help. So it was very quiet. The nice thing is that we're allowed to bring our iPods and MP3 players to listen to while working.

My class finished at 10:30am, so I went to the International Cafe, where I was to meet up with Priscilla and possibly help her with her Japanese class requirement. Unfortunately, there happened to be nothing going on at the International Cafe yet, so we went home after being there for just a short time.


In the afternoon, Priscilla and I both did our homeworks. Well actually all I did was read, but there was quite a bit to read for my English class, all about Hawaiian culture. I think I'm acquiring a better understanding of the Hawaiian culture and the changes that the Westerners and Asians have brought here.

Erin cooked dinner for us tonight.. there was laulau (sp?) and poki, which is basically chunks of flavored raw tuna. I love poki! In the evening, I accompanied Erin for a little stroll to the bridge over the highway near our house. Erin had to tape a video of the place for her project, so I stayed with her and took some pictures. It was fun going outside without using the car!


We get a nice view of downtown from the walkway.



The highway below us.


Erin looking very professional.







Oooh pwetty! (but I actually cheated because I used the "sunset" option on my digital camera)

This was a nice, relaxing day! :) Tomorrow is another day filled with fun classes (well, almost..)! Good night..

3 Comments:

At 1:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like poki too, it's really good ^^ I like your pictures too

 
At 3:47 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

great pictures!! Yeah...poki. :D

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger Elle said...

lovely pictures~ They all look really pretty.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home