Saturday, January 21, 2006

Another movie weekend!

Today, Erin, Priscilla and I decided to go to see the movie "Glory Road". The movie was to start from 11:30am, so we got ready in a hurry and left for Ward Theatre. We called up Ericson to join us, and though it was on short notice, he came to watch the movie with us.

The traffic was crowded and crazy, so we barely got there in time. The movie "Glory Road" is produced by Gerry Bruckheimer (same guy as Pirates of the Caribbean) and is based on a true story about a basketball team that was mainly comprised of black people (which at the time was unthinkable). It's the story of how that team goes on to win first place at the national championship. It was a really good, exciting movie. I loved Josh Lucas as the coach!

After that, Ericson went his own way while we went to Borders bookstore. There was a sale going on, and lots of good, educational books were really cheap! I got two art books for less than $10... so happy!

I like looking at these art books to see how different author teach in different ways. Art is a very subjective matter, so it's hard to determine what's right and what's wrong in it. However, there are some set techniques and skills that are useful to learn through these books. I think I should start painting when I find the time.

Naomi cooked some salmon for dinner. For the rest of the day, I read the books I got, did some homework and computer. I'm glad we got to see Glory Road today! :)

1 Comments:

At 11:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, sounds like a nice movie! And the salmon sounds nice too!

Well, we're having Mr. Ito's chicken special tonight...and I can tell you that it's very very very very very goooood!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home