Monday, January 16, 2006

What a nice, relaxing holiday!

Today was Martin Luther King Day, so there was no school! There are far fewer national holidays here than in Japan, so each holiday seems more special here. Naturally, we did not wake up until late in the morning. Priscilla and I completed our theatre class homework, which was to write a step-by-step direction for a scene from a play we have to act out individually.

While eating lunch, we watched "Relative Values", a comedy with Julie Andrews, Colin Firth, and Luke Baldwin. Colin Firth is so funny! It was my second time to see it, but still fresh and fun to watch because I'd forgotten how funny it was!

In the afternoon, I sketched a little more and chatted on the computer. I also found a spare piece of canvas from last semester which I thought was too good to waste... it's a kind of long, narrow strip, though, so I'm not sure what I can paint on it.

For dinner, Priscilla prepared some frozen pizza (mmmm!), and we ate that while watching the Golden Global Awards! In Hawaii we didn't get to watch it live, so it was on TV from 7:00pm to around 10:00pm.

The movie that got the most awards was Brokeback Mountain, the one that we wish it didn't have to win so many... however, Walk the Line won the best Musical or Comedy, Best Actor, and Best Actress. It was funny because most of those actors and actresses were so nervous and at a loss for words when they received the award! LOL


Anyway, school goes back to normal from tomorrow... I will take three classes tomorrow: Music, Theatre, and Geography. I hope all of them goes well!

Here's yet another picture from Japan...

Yokohama~~! brrr looks cold!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home