Friday, January 20, 2006

First real Geography Lab class

Today, I woke up later than Priscilla because Priscilla had to go to her Japanese class in the morning. Until lunchtime, I sat at my desk and worked on my art class homework, which was putting the earlier sketches together into four different compositions. I finished three, but haven't come up with the fourth one yet.

After lunch, Priscilla and I went to our Geography Lab class. Since last week's class was only a 10-minute introduction, this was our first real class. Today, we had five pages of exercises to do. We used a globe and a flat map to locate various cities, longitudes and latitudes, and time zones. A lot of people seemed to be having a hard time with it, but since Priscilla and I had learned all this stuff back in Japan, we finished it in an hour and 15 minutes, ahead of the others and went home!

In the evening, Naomi and Priscilla went to the Kaimuki church service while Erin and I stayed home. Erin had been doing some exercising today with her co-workers and was tired, so we stayed at home and watched Midsummer Night's Dream. Kevin Kline was hilarious in the role of Bottom the Weaver... I thought he looked kinda cute with those huge donkey ears!

Well, today's post is pretty brief, but that's about all that happened. Just for the sake of embellishing it a little, here is a picture of a view from the campus. Actually, the sun was so bright I could hardly see what I was taking. The building on the left is where we take our theatre class. We can get a nice view of the ocean from here!

1 Comments:

At 2:58 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Woah, that's Kevin Kline?? O_o LOL! Anyway, that's a nice picture...and I'm talking about the ocean pic.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home