Thursday, January 26, 2006

An easy schoolday

Although I had three classes today, none of them required me to write anything or do any homework. In fact, I spent most of the class time either watching a video/DVD or watching other students act.

During Music class, we watched a video of Beijing Opera, which is very different from western opera. The women sing with shrill voices, and they wear very heavy makeup & costume. The acrobatics were really impressive! I want to go see one of those plays someday.. they're actually going to do one somewhere nearby during this semester.

I went to the Theatre class, where we did our usual relaxation routine. After a brief acting exercise, we watched some of the students act a scene, one by one. Today was Priscilla's turn, and she did a great job! She and another Japanese girl were the best for today. For next week's class, Priscilla and I have to team up and think of some kind of scene to do together. Hmmm wonder what that'll be.

We went home, ate fried rice and miso soup for lunch, and watched a hilarious episode of "Love that Bob".

In the afternoon came our Geography class.. the whole class was spent watching a DVD of "National Geographics" about global warming, and how even a slight change in the earth's climate affects the world on a global scale.

They mentioned endangered animals like the caribou (a moose-like animal), not to mention the spreading of sand from Sahara Desert over the Atlantic Ocean that causes breathing problems. Our teacher obviously wants us to think seriously about these environmental problem kinds of things.

As we have come to expect of this class, it finished a little earlier than time. I was glad, because I was so sleepy during this class!


It was my turn to cook dinner, but I "cheated" by baking frozen pizza. Well, frozen pizza is good! I'm going to try to cook something real next week though.
We had our prayer meeting at home after dinner, and talked about the next step for our church.


Tomorrow I have no class in the morning, which means I get to sleep in. Hurray!!