Friday, February 03, 2006

Map-making day

Today, I spent almost the entire morning writing a paper for my English class. It was a reaction paper on the local Hawaiian stories I'd had to read. It wasn't easy to write because the stories were soooo boring, but somehow I managed it. Priscilla was away most of the morning at the Japanese Cultural Center for her class.

When Priscilla came back, she brought back sushi for us! :D So we ate those for lunch, then went to our Geography Lab class. Today we had to go outside and make a map of the big green lawn on campus, known as the "great lawn". We did it the primitive way, which involved counting one person's pace on foot and measuring them... the only tool we used was the compass. In the end, we drew the map, and it became something like this:









It's not all that accurate, but it was fun drawing all the extra stuff in it like the dragon (I hope the teacher doesn't mind) and coloring them.

This class took 2 1/2 hours to complete. After it was over, Priscilla and I stopped by at Diamond Head Theatre to look at the script for a play up for auditions, then went home.


In the evening, Naomi, Priscilla and I went to the Kaimuki church. Satoa led the worship service tonight, and Pastor Ron gave the sermon, as always. On the way back home, we stopped by at Jack in the Box to buy dinner. While eating, we watched the movie "Truman Show"... I liked that movie a lot!

Now it's late, so I'm going straight off to bed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home