Monday, February 06, 2006

Please, no more Pidjin English!!

This morning, Naomi had to use the car in the morning, so Erin and I went to school by bus. This was my first time to ride a Hawaiian bus.. yay! Not that it's that special or anything.
The other students and I worked by ourselves during most of the art class, and I got to listen to my MP3 player again. I love this class! The wonderful Italian Phantom of the Opera did not do much to quicken the pace of my work, however. *sigh*

Next came the Hawaiian English class. As usual, we didn't really study anything, but mostly discussed the stories we'd been assigned to read at home. I'm going to have to do a 10-minute poetry presentation next Monday. Aside from a few more stories that I have to read. :S

I walked home by myself after class, then ate lunch while watching "Annie" with Priscilla. All the actors and actresses were good singers and dancers... I loved Berndette Peters, of course. She was hilarious, just like her step-mother role in Cinderella. Her role as the witch in Into the Woods is really stamped as well.

In the evening, Priscilla and I finally got around to washing the car. The paintwork on the hood is pretty messed up, but at least now it's now as clean as it gets.

Before and after dinner (which was gyoza prepared by Priscilla), I read the short stories for my English class. I finished two out of four stories. One of them was in heavy Pidjin English, and I had the hardest time understanding it! I kept tripping over misspelled words... reading the story took forever! :S I guess I'm supposed to get used to this, but I don't wanna start speaking Pidjin.

For example, "kinda" was spelled "kine" and was used in every other sentence. The worst one was "tot" for "thought", because tot = dead in German!

Well, enough of my ranting. I'm going to enjoy tomorrow as Priscilla and I will probably do our beat scene (or skit) during theatre class!

3 Comments:

At 11:06 PM, Blogger Maki said...

Whoa quick post.. you were just waiting to pounce on my new post weren't you? LOL

 
At 11:07 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Lol...must have been baffling...(about the Pidgin English story) hehe! Bernadette Peters has a really nice voice. :)

 
At 3:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love to see your skit with Priscilla. Are you videotaping it? If you do please let me see. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home