Sunday, February 12, 2006

I am back! Sort of...

During the last couple days, I couldn't update my blog because as Priscilla said in her blog, my computer has gone crazy and can't boot up.. so I'm using another computer right now. I'm glad that I can do homework and stuff on this computer though.

Yesterday, I went to Ala Moana beach with Erin and took some nice pictures!






Today, Naomi led our church service. We listened to my father's sermon, titled "What was from the Beginning" or something like that (I wrote down the Japanese title only).

In the afternoon, Erin, Priscilla and I met up with Aunt Jean at Kahala Mall, and I finally got to give her the gifts for her from Japan. After parting with Aunt Jean, we did some shopping at the mall.. I got one page-a-day calendar of Irish scenery for only $1! Amazing how cheap calendars become after a month or so into the year!

After getting back home, Naomi tried to fix my computer but it didn't really work, so she hooked up another computer for me to use for now, and that the one I'm using right now. Oh, and there was the craziest incident while Naomi was fixing up the computer.. it happened like this:

When Naomi picked up the wireless internet adaptor (a little box thing with an antenna) and tried to put it down on the other computer, thousands of tiny ants started to swarm out of it! It was like some kind of horror movie! We were all freaked out, especially Naomi who had discovered them. Eventually, I got rid of all of them, but it took a long time for all the ants to come out of the little adaptor. I can't believe I never noticed it till now.. I'd never seen them crawling outside before, and Naomi says that the adaptor looked perfectly normal when she picked it up. Ooh the thought of it still makes my skin crawl.. and my room still smells of insecticide.

That was the most memorable event of the day.

Off to bed I go now.. tomorrow I give a poetry presentation! Not looking forward to it...

4 Comments:

At 11:49 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

ants...*shudder*

 
At 1:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The beach looks so nice, and the pictures too, Hawaii is so pretty ^^
and the ant incident is strange.. hope it never happens again :P

 
At 2:12 AM, Blogger Elle said...

Wow! Beautiful and nice pictures!!

 
At 2:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

eeewwwww....ants, ants, ants... I can just imagine!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home