Thursday, March 09, 2006

"Happy birthday dear Priscilla(a.k.a. Michelle)~!! Happy Birthday to you~!"

Today, it rained a lot. And I mean A LOT!! A storm hit suddenly in the morning during our first classes, and the ceiling leaked a little in my music classroom! I can't believe I forgot to bring my umbrella with me... I got soaked while running to the theatre class.

Well, aside from the rain, the day was great. During music class, the students did a lottery to decide who does his or her music presentation on which day in April. Only when it was my turn to pick a paper with someone's name on it, the name happened to be my own! Oh well...

After arriving for the theatre class all wet, we had a fun class with many monologues and one improvised beat scene. As usual, a very fun class! And while we were doing our quiet breathing exercise, everyone started singing the happy birthday song to Priscilla (though it was like an excuse for making a lot of noise!).
The coolest moment in the monologue scene was when Klunx, one of our classmates, was doing a dramatic scene in which he was giving a touching speech in a courtroom. The very moment he shouted to Max, who was playing "his son's killer", that "I want to see you die!", a great, clashing thunder roared overhead, creating a very cool effect! I think that monologue made several people cry.

After lunch at the cafeteria and an hour at the library researching musical instruments (did you know there are such instruments as "nose pipes"? ew..), Priscilla and I met again for our geography class, during which we learned more about volcanoes and earthquakes.


We got home after 4:00pm, then left at around 6:30pm to celebrate Priscilla's birthday at Toraji, a yakiniku restaurant. Aunt Jean and Reed also joined us. It was a surprise when our waiter turned out to be Priscilla's classmate from he Japanese class! The funny thing was that he did not remember Priscilla's name and called her "Michelle"! He was very nice though, and made our time at the table pleasant and enjoyable. Happy birthday, Priscilla! :D

Tomorrow we'll wake up early to go to the Honolulu Festival.. I hope it's fun!

1 Comments:

At 11:23 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Aaah..yakiniku...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home