Sunday, March 05, 2006

Fun with Photoshop! (yay Oscar Awards!)

This morning, we had a great morning service.. Erin and I played the instruments during worship. For the sermon, we listened to one of Pastor's sermons from February, titled "Our Creed".

At around noon, e all went to a nice little beads shop that Naomi wanted to go to. However, we found it temporarily closed for about an hour, so we stopped gy at a nearby restaurant to eat lunch. Mmm the sandwich was good, and we got to take home cakes for dessert to eat later! The beads shop itself was really interesting.. made me want to try making stuff with beads too. It's a really nice and productive hobby to pick up. I've played with plastic beads a very long time ago, and remember being frustrated every time the little beads went flying everywhere!

After we got back, I started playing around with Photoshop a little and managed to edit the pictures to use for my anthology. I'm so glad I finally completed the anthology of Hawaiian literature.. it is 12 pages long!

Then I made 3 simple photo collages using Photoshop. Thanks Naomi for showing me how to use the layer mask! :D I enjoyed using the Illustrator for my previous project, but I think I like Photoshop better.. there is much more creativity involved.

From 6:00pm, the four of us gathered and had an evening service/prayer meeting/discussion time during which I received both encouragement and conviction. Reminded me once again that I must continue to work on my social skills.. it has always been one of my chiefest problems.

During and after dinner, we watched the Oscar Awards! :) It was fun to see who or which movie would win the various awards. I'm happy that King Kong won a few, including best visual effects (it certainly deserved that one!). Narnia also won one award for best makeup.


Tomorrow should be an interesting day at school.. we will have our midterm during English class, which means we'll "eat, drink and be merry" while listening to other students give presentations of their anthology! I wonder what food everyone's going to bring! :P

1 Comments:

At 8:48 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Cool, you get to "eat, drink, and be merry" (without the dying tomorrow). What are you going to bring?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home