Monday, November 28, 2005

A looooooong English class...

This morning was a rather interesting start. Erin and I walked halfway to Nick&Heather's house (because Naomi had driven the car there) then were picked up by the above mentioned family's van! They took us to their house, and from there we took our own car and drove to our ASL class. Okay, maybe this was a bit confusing... but the important thing is that we got to the ASL class just in time!

Our English class from 10:45am seemed really long, even longer than usual (which is saying a lot!). Some people we knew did not show up, and there were only about 10 people. I admit that I found my mind wandering off quite a few times... I don't think I missed anything though. At least the instructor seems to really like us. She said something like "You are such good students!" to us... that is, after all the other students had left!

It turned out that Priscilla was to go to the blood drive to donate blood earlier in the morning, but she had totally forgotten about it... so after English class, we walked to the bloodmobile. Because they said that the blood-donating procedure takes about an hour, I left Priscilla in the hands of the able blood-collecting (?) people there and went to Subway to get a cup of clam chowder for lunch. Mmmm it was so good... although I did burn my tongue.

After an hour I went back to Priscilla, and much to my surprise, she couldn't donate blood! :( Turns out she needs more iron in her blood in order to donate.

We drove home and spent a few minutes in relaxation before our math class. Well, the math class turned out to be really easy and short, so that was nice! There's a test coming up on Wednesday... I hope that it will be easier this time!

I walked home, finished my math homework, then started building my canvas. It's actually not finished yet, but I think I'm starting to get the hang of the "making of canvases". It's for the new painting I am going to start tomorrow. It's supposed to be one of those typical Hawaiian scenery stuff... I took some pictures, and I'm going to use one of them:








These are all pictures taken within walking distance from our house.






In the evening, I read some more of Sophocle's tragic play Ordipus Rex and Antigone. I'm really enjoying the story, although I won't be writing an essay on it.

We each ate our own dinner, and some of us later watched a Hogan's Heroes episode. Tomorrow's Tuesday.. yay! I love Tuesdays and Thursdays! Here is an extra pic, taken during my art class. The room is not too clean, filled with painting desks, easels, and uncomfortable chairs. The little guy in the white shirt is my art instructor, while that taller guy with glasses, long hair and a moustache and holding a painting.. he is this... really.. strange.. guy, named Joseph. While almost everyone has finished the 3rd painting out of 4 already, he has only recently finished the 2nd one!

1 Comments:

At 12:59 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

lol, poor Joseph. I love clam chowder!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home