Friday, December 02, 2005

A nice relaxing day at home

There was a quiz today during ASL class (the last one before finals!), and for some reason everyone in class, including the instructor, seemed sleepy. It's good to have the only Friday class in the morning because I get the rest of the day off!

Erin had to be dropped off by Naomi at her intern place at 10:00am, so I went along with them downtown, and after Erin was dropped off, Naomi and I went to Fishers Warehouse, where there is "everything you can think of". It's a wholsale warehouse place that sells lots of stationery, interesting toys, and Christmas stuff. We spent only 30 minutes there, but it was a good thing we hadn't stayed longer, or I would've ended up spending much more money than I did. It was a really fun place... I got some nice Christmas gifts for friends. Gotta go there again some time!

After I got home and Naomi had left again, this time for a meeting, I was the only one left in the house. Not that I minded! :) I had all kinds of fun by myself (don't worry I didn't do anything bad), doing computer and reading a book. I also chatted with my Auntie in order to ask her to identify a certain Japanese Phantom by listening to the voice... I hate listening to something without knowing who is singing in it.

In the afternoon, Naomi and Priscilla returned (Priscilla left soon after for her ballet class). I think I spent most of the afternoon reading the Veritas Quest book... I am getting close to the climax now! I think I've been reading it for over a month, because though I'm not too slow a reader, I tend to read on and off.

In the evening, Erin came home from her intern, looking rather drained. She stayed behind and went shopping while Naomi and I went to the Kaimuki Church's evening service. Priscilla couldn't go because she was at Connie's house babysitting while the parents went to the Eagles concert (iina~)! The sermon that Paster Ron preached at KCC was the beginning of a new series that explains the spiritual messages behind C. S. Lewis' "The Chronicles of Narnia" (because the movie's being released soon). I thought it was more suited for studies rather than for sermons, but well, it was kinda interesting. Today's sermon only covered the very first part of the first book, up till the part where all four children step into the wardrobe. I've a feeling this is going to be a long series....
I went home after the service and ate dinner.

Priscilla's still not back yet from her babysitting job... I wonder how long that Eagles concert is. According to a classmate who's been there, it's over 4 hours long! Ooooh, now I feel like listening to "Hotel California"! *goes off to rummage through music files for the song*

1 Comments:

At 2:21 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

cool, I love that song...even if is a little dark.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home