Thursday, March 23, 2006

Last day of Int. Festival: Spanish Flamenco!

This morning I had to take my music quiz. It was harder than I thought, but as usual Mrs. Doo gave us 5 bonus questions, so I think I'm still safe.


Today's theatre class went a bit crazy at first during warmup, but the monologues were really great.

We went to the cafeteria for lunch, and it was so crowded there! Students were everywhere, some of them eating and others watching the Flamenco dance of Spain. The dances were pretty cool to watch. There was "okonomiyaki" at a booth, but I didn't eat it because I heard the other Japanese students saying that it wasn't so good.


Priscilla's tea ceremony did not start until 1:30pm, so I went off to the library. Strangely, Sean decided to keep me company by following me to the library then to the International Cafe, where the tea ceremony took place.

Tea ceremony was really nice. Priscilla was the one to serve us, and she gave us cute little flower-shaped sweets before the tea. I liked that powdery green tea a lot.. I will probably end up going to the tea group's practice sessions as a guest, just for the tea! :P However, it made me feel caffeinated the rest of the day.

For geography class, many of the students did not show up. The teacher seemed none too pleased by this and decided to give extra points to the students who DID come. We learned a lot about oceans and tsunamis today.


This seemed like a long day at campus.. after getting home, I cooked chicken karaage and miso soup for dinner. The three of us decided to celebrate the beginning of Spring Break by watching "Wallace & Gromit: the Curse of the Wererabbit". It was fun but scary because there was a raging thunderstorm outside as we watched... and when the creepy title of the movie came up on the screen with a thunderclash, we all jumped because we thought it was a real thunder from outside! One of the lightnings actually struck somewhere pretty nearby.. and once took out the electricity for a brief moment. (O_o)

Yay for Spring Break.. and there's nothing going on tomorrow!! Finally, I can sleep till late in the morning. :D Hehe!

2 Comments:

At 12:50 AM, Blogger Elle said...

Yay! You're ona spring vacation! Seems like you had a nice day today. Yeah, I heard that it rains alot there (at this time of season).

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

hehe, I want to watch Wallace&Gromit...sounds like one of those scary but funny movies. :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home