Friday, March 24, 2006

The mystery of Edwin DROOOOOOOOOOOOD!!

Yay for Spring Break! We got to sleep until late in the morning. Not much went on in the morning, but for lunch Priscilla made fried rice and hot&sour soup for all of us. :P Priscilla also reserved tickets for tonight's opening night performance of "The Mystery of Edwin Drood".

Then, in the afternoon, I somehow felt like painting and took up my brush. I happen to like boat sceneries, so I chose this one from Ireland. It took a few hours because I was chatting with people while painting, but I think it was worth it.
Oops... I forgot to sign it.. again!



After dinner (which Erin cooked), we went to Diamond Head Theatre for the Edwin Drood musical, which started from 8:00pm. It was really a great show that originally won a Tony award on Broadway, and all (or most) of the performers today were really good for amateurs. Certainly better than most performers I saw on "Cats"!

This musical is based on a murder mystery novel that Charles Dickens never finished because he died before he could. So for the conclusion, the audience gets to pick any one of the seven possible culprits by voting. Today, the highest vote went to Rosa Bud, the lady in pink in the picture. The whole thing was highly interactive and involved the audience a lot.

Over half of them were great singers, but I just fell in love with the magnificent voice of the lead villain guy.. he was definitely professional, and classically trained. A strong operatic voice and beautiful falsetto! I think I liked him partly because he reminded me of Anthony Warlow (though no one can equal Anthony). :P

All in all, it was a very enjoyable musical, and I would mind seeing it again. It's a little late now, though, so I shall now prepare to go to bed.




To the kids: I hope that your sign dance performance went well!!

1 Comments:

At 6:38 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

niiiice picture. :D And lol, that play sounds really fun!

By the way, our performance went extremely well. :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home