Monday, August 22, 2005

First Day of School!!!

So begins the real reason why I came here. My first day of school consisted of three different classes with long breaks in between. I was naturally a bit nervous, but of course it was because I didn't know what to expect.

I woke up at 7:00 this morning with the help of an alarm clock. Trying my best not to wake Priscilla up, I quietly got ready and left for the 8:00 ASL class with Erin. I don't think I'll ever want to go to class without breakfast again... towards the end of the ASL class I was starting to lose my focus because I was so hungry!

The ASL class itself was pretty interesting, because the teacher is a deaf person... the whole class was very silent. She already gave us some homework that must be done by Wednesday. The class lasted till about 9:15. Erin and I bought the necessary ASL books before picking Naomi and Priscilla up and returning to campus.

I filled out the add/drop form for registering in the classes before going to the English class with Priscilla at 10:45. The English teacher was Swedish, which was a bit surprising. (O.o) There were also some weird students in class, including this extremely strange-looking guy, a guy who likes to gamble, a punk-ish afro hair guy, and a guy who's taking this English class for the 3rd time! (why are they all guys?)

The English class ended at 12:00, so we went home and had some lunch before heading off yet again for the Math class. The teacher was a sort of elderly man, but a good and strict one, I think. That was our last class, and that was a good thing since he gave us homework too!

Went home before Priscilla (who took her Ballet class) and started homework. I finished math and English homework after a few hours. Too bad ASL homework must wait until tomorrow.

<<-----You see, here's the evidence to show that I was actually studying! I must try my very best with all the subjects during the whole of the semester! I thank God for giving me this great opportunity.





Naomi cooked New England corn beef for dinner, and I just loved it! :P Her cooking is always great, and I'm hoping I won't get too used to it! Good night everyone... I'm so happy school doesn't start until 10:45 tomorrow! :D

2 Comments:

At 1:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey your day sounds really cool, glad that you did well in class. ^^ Right now, there's a BIG, and I mean BIG typhoon...and there's really loud thunder and my birds are hiding under their food boxes lol!!

Oh and I like your descriptions of your new classmates in English class :D

 
At 3:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good girl! That's the first thought that came to my mind after reading your blog. :-) Keep it up !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home