Friday, August 12, 2005

Lunch at Todai, Dinner at an Italian Restaurant

Well, it's already past 11:00pm right now, so I'll make this post quick.

In the morning today, Erin and Naomi were both out, so Priscilla and I stayed at home and watched a movie called "Tron", a sci-fi made in 1982. It was a great movie, and I think my brother would enjoy it if he saw it.

For lunch, we went somewhere special! :D My parents had given me money for us to go out together and eat... so we went to Todai!! For those who don't know Todai, it's an all-you-can-eat Japanese restaurant. There were many kinds of food, including sushi, salads, oden, udon, tempura, etc etc. It was so good, all of us, with the exception of Nami, ate so much food.


Aawww...













Me, happy with all the Japanese food... I didn't think I missed sushi so much! (observe the size of the sushi.. they were quite small)
















All of us together, full and content after all that food. The guy in the back seems to be Naomi & Erin's friend from college.










Priscilla's dessert crepe and her fork, which happened to be a bit bent out of shape...






After we got back, I was too full to move around for a while and just sat around doing computer and reading a book. Oh, and I finally registered in the classes I want to take (3 of them, at least) and paid for them! Hurray it is finally done!! I also went and ordered some CDs and a DVD from towerrecords.com.

In the afternoon, Priscilla, Erin, and I watched Veggietales: Duke and the Great Pie War. It was pretty funny (though silly), and I just love that "Blues with Larry" song. It was so funny!

We attended the evening service at KCC from 7:00. There weren't so many people, but I got to see some of the people I had met already, although I had forgotten some of their names... *blush* The four of us + five other people decided to go out to dinner together.

It actually turned out a little like last Friday: We went to the pizza place, found it crowded, went to another place, found it closed. Finally we went to an Italian restaurant near the church. The place was very dark, with only a little light from above and some candles. Priscilla and I ordered the same dish: calamari scampi. It was a big chunk of squid steak with pasta on the side.


By the time we had left the restaurant, it was almost 11:00! (O.o) Yeah, I was starting to get a little sleepy. So now I'm back, drinking some healthy V8 vegetable drink, trying not to go splat upon the keyboard.

I see now that all the pictures I've uploaded have something to do with food and eating places.. Now here comes the pic we took as we played around in the dark in our bedroom last night.

Dr. Maki gazes intently upon her newly mixed formula, MI18...



note: this is actually Priscilla's lava lamp.

4 Comments:

At 1:15 AM, Blogger Elle said...

Haha! The picture of you with the lava lamp is funny. lol. Todai sounds like a really yummy restaurant!

 
At 1:55 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Dr. Maki and her formula Ml18? Lol! Well, great picture, you looks like a crazy scientist. :P "IT'S ALIVE!!!" Hehe. Mm, Priscilla's crepe looks good. Wow, Hawaii must have so much great food. :D

 
At 8:13 AM, Blogger Maki said...

Actually, crepe is kinda hard to find here... according to Naomi, Todai is just about the only place where she's seen it.

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I see...still, all the food you've eaten there sounds pretty good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home