Monday, August 15, 2005

Shopping Day

This morning, I somehow found it hard to get up and out of bed. I slept on and off for a few hours before finally getting up at 9:30. I don't really like it when I wake up so late because it makes the morning feel short, but sometimes it just happens. Fortunately, there was a-plenty to do today!

At around 10:30, Naomi had to go to the post office to send some things. Priscilla and I tagged along and got delicious smoothies at Jamba Juice. Got back home, but soon left again to go shopping. First, though, we dropped off Erin downtown because she had to go to her internship thing. The three of us who were left went shopping. This shopping took the entire afternoon and lasted until almost 5:00pm.

First, we went to Ross, where they have aisles after aisles of clothing. We dug up all kinds of clothes, and Naomi and Priscilla tried on and bought a few. I didn't get any clothes because.. well, I didn't feel like I needed any clothes at the moment. However, I found a nice backpack for a very good price, so I bought that.. along with a pair of shades (Fossil). Ross really has lots of stuff for good price, so I enjoyed going there!

We left Ross at 2:30, but we decided to go to Walmart before having lunch. Why Walmart?.... because Priscilla and I (Priscilla especially!) wanted curtains for our room's windows. The sunlight would pour in every morning at around 6:30 and wake Priscilla up (but never me). She could stand it no more, so we decided to get nice curtains at Walmart. That was not hard to find... We got nice blue ones. Also bought some other things. The thing I found annoying was that the checkout where we paid was automatic, and had to pay to a machine instead of a person. It took some time to complete checkout, and when we were done I felt quite relieved!

Went to Ala Moana and ate at the foot court. As many of you know, Ala Moana is a pretty touristy and big place, so it was crowded with many Japanese. Priscilla and I shared Chinese food, and Naomi had some salad. What a late lunch.. it was already 3:30 then!

We still had some time before going to pick Erin up at 5:00, so we drove to a nice park by the sea.. called Kaka'ako Park. I took many great pictures there, so here they are!

A typical Hawaiian limou that you see just about anywhere. I don't know how they can drive those things! I'd been meaning to take a pic of it for quite some time and finally managed it! :D Yeah I know, I'm weird...











Hawaii makes me feel lazy... must resist!!












The moment the wave hit the rocks!













Beeeaaaauuutiful!! This has become my desktop background.












Can you see the airplane? (taken by Naomi Stafford)












We went back downtown and waited for maybe 20 minutes for Erin to arrive. During that time, the evening sunlight was very kind and gave me yet another headache. Wonderful. So we went back home at 5:30. Although we were supposed to participate in the sign dance practice at the church from 6:00, we were all too tired to go and stayed home. My head felt dull.. did nothing worth writing down here... just some computer and reading.
At around 7:00 (?) Shirley payed our house a short visit, and we showed her some video of the KCIS kids' sign dance.. and of course, she seemed impressed!

Dinnertime!! We had curry and some kind of chingensai dish. Mmmmmmm!! After that was over, Erin went to do a little shopping and bought me the blank VHS I had asked for. Meanwhile, I went back to the room and took some rest on the bed, listening to some music.

Oh yes, one more thing.. Priscilla got a table with short legs that can be placed on her bed. She's very pleased with it because she now has a solid place to put her laptop on. I'm very happy for her! (partly because I now don't need to buy my desk.. lol!)

Good night everyone! Tonight we sleep with our new curtains down, so hopefully Priscilla will not be awakened too early tomorrow!

4 Comments:

At 12:30 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

The pictures you (and Naomi) took are really nice. Yeah, that limo I saw before too! I think it was when I first went to Hawaii and my nine-year old self was so amazed at it. :P nice bag as well.

 
At 4:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoy looking at your photos. I think you really see Hawaii from the foreigners' point of view, at least for now :-)

 
At 12:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AHHH...You know, that backpack looks really big on you. Anyway, nice pictures.

 
At 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehe I like the backpack!! Really cool ^^ And as usual, I like the pictures...so nice!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home