Tuesday, August 30, 2005

More charcoal

After waking up a bit late, I had a light breakfast, checked mail, then walked to campus for the first time. We'd walked BACK from campus a few times before, but had never walked TO the place. It was tougher than we'd expected... because it was all an up-hill climb! We were hot and exhausted by the time we got to the History classroom. Fortunately for us, the room was very cold, so it didn't take long for me to cool down! The history teacher talked about prehistoric and neolithic eras, which was pretty fun.

We were thinking of having lunch at campus and going directly to our next classes from 1:45, but Naomi came by car to pick us up. That was nice, since I didn't really want to spend the entire afternoon at campus.

We had lunch at home, then I was dropped off in front of Koa, the art class building. We ended up doing charcoal drawings again (obviously the teacher thinks we should have a little more practice before starting oil). I was happy when the teacher actually complimented me on my drawing and told the others to take a look at it. :)
This drawing is somewhat similar to the one before... that round thing next to the cup is a pear, btw. A fake pear that lay on its side because it couldn't stand on its own.

I walked home with Erin, who had finished her class at the same time I did. Priscilla and I checked over our math homework which is due tomorrow. It's nice to be in the same class together because we can correct each other! :)

Oh, and Priscilla and I cooked dinner for the first time tonight! Well actually, Naomi had to help us, but I hope to be able to do the whole cooking without help before long! We had garlic chicken, spinach salad, and fried potatoes. They turned out pretty good, and I haven't heard anyone complain of having stomach-ache yet! :D

4 Comments:

At 2:53 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, that's a great drawing! That's really nice that the teacher complimented you and used your drawing as an example! ^_^

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger Tsubasa Kato said...

Very good drawing! My mother likes the drawing too :-D

 
At 8:01 PM, Blogger Elle said...

Nice drawing Maki!

 
At 8:01 PM, Blogger Maki said...

Thank you guys... I can't wait to start oil! :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home