Friday, August 26, 2005

Survived through the first week!

This morning, I did not wake up when the alarm clock rang. I must've been sleeping very deeply! I woke up 10 minutes later, and realizing that needed to quickly prepare to go to ASL class with Erin, took only a little breakfast. Erin seemed to have a hard time waking up as well, but we both made it in time.. whew!

It's nice to have three ASL classes a week because it allows me to use the signs more frequently. The other students had some difficulty in remembering my name "Makiko" in signed alphabets. They kept spelling it wrong, like "Nakiko" and even "Makaki". I hope they will have memorized it by next week!

Erin drove home after class, but I strolled off to the art studio after buying some kneaded erasers at the bookstore. I completed the art homework in about one hour... I'm not sure if it turned out very well as I'm still not very comfortable with charcoal. Behind the drawing, you can see the white objects I used(sphere, cube, cone, etc) and the lamp.

When it was finished, I walked back home and got there just in time to see Naomi and Priscilla go off to Costco. Erin had by then already left for her intern, so I was alone at home.

Aside from my ASL homework, I did many random things. I read a book, spent some time on the computer, then started talking with my mother. This eventually became a big "conference call" when auntie, grandmother, and Takuma (and the bird) joined in. Because my mother's side of the family tends to be very... enthusiastic, it became rather loud. Well, it still was fun to get to hear their voices.

I spent a rather dull evening as I was getting a headache. Priscilla came home once then left for her Ballet class, and Naomi later went to pick both her and Erin up. Naomi also did the cooking again. I loved the sashimi from Costco that we had for dinner.

After dinner we had a short meeting to set up a nice and tidy schedule for the coming weeks, then watched a DVD of Agatha Christie's Poirot! It had been some time since I had last watched Poirot, so it was a lot of fun (even though it wasn't one of his best cases)!

Tomorrow is weekend.. hurray!! We're going to do a cleanup of the whole house. I think our room needs it! ;)

2 Comments:

At 11:15 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, that's a great drawing! lol about the ASL name thingy. ^_^

 
At 12:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well...I hope no one calls you "Nakiko" anymore..and the drawing looks very nice!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home