Thursday, August 25, 2005

The Origin of Man... ( -_-) *sigh*

I woke up late this morning, at past 8:30. We had some time to check computer, etc, before our second history class. I was a bit anxious about how the teacher was going to explain the beginning of history. As I had expected, the teacher started a Creationism VS Evolutionism discussion... oh, just wonderful. He said that he believes in both evolution and God, but that just doesn't make sense... he went on explaining about the "missing link" and man evolving from prehistoric ape. He also put Christianity down and vexed me to no end (though I put on a pleasant, smiling, attentive face the whole time).

We were so relieved when the class was over.. it's a good thing we're not going to discuss this any further in class because it could turn the classroom into a battlground!! Naomi came and picked us up. On the way home we stopped by at the post office, and I got to send some nice things (book, CDs, candies) to my parents.

Had lunch with Priscilla in our room, then went to my art class. I forgot to take my camera with me, so no pics today. :( In the art class, we drew inanimate objects like spheres, cones, rectangles, etc., with charcoal. Because I was still unused to the messy black stuff, it took time. However, it was still fun, and I also like the art teacher. The only thing I don't like is the fact that there are more advanced students who have been doing this stuff for a while now, and they kinda look down their noses at us newbies. One of them even kept complaining to the teacher saying "Why am I doing all this again?". How annoying!

Went home and did my ASL homework while Priscilla went to her tap dance class. Dinner we ate together at home, then there was our short but nice prayer meeting. It's great to be able to pray for each other together like that.

Tomorrow I have only one class (ASL) in the morning. After that, I am going to do my art homework at the studio... I hope it doesn't take too long. Other than that, I am free!! :D

2 Comments:

At 11:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's amazing that some people's great..great..grandfather is a monkey! shriek ! lol.
Well, I know that mine is not. Whew ! :-)

 
At 12:43 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

ooo, yeah, that's sad about history. :P I can imagine you putting on that 'pleasant' mask on though. Hehe! :P Lol, I can see how the 'being looked down upon' must be annoying. Hope you do well on the homework!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home