Friday, September 09, 2005

An Interesting Friday

Erin had to come wake me up this morning for the ASL class. I like the ASL class better now that we are learning more vocabulary. I'm surprised that most of the students still show up for class and have not dropped out, even the ones who don't particularly take to the class.

Here's a cute little thing I saw when we were leaving for the class.

From about 10:30am to 2:00pm, I accompanied Priscilla to Nick and Heather's house, where we babysat their two little daughters, Malia and Bella (aka Bellaboo).

Malia is about 2 years old, and Bella is still a baby. They are really good kids who hardly cause any problems, so it went very well. In the end, they both fell asleep and I spent some time doing my map study of history class.
Malia offers her sacred marble >>>




I swear, I did NOT do this myself.. it was Malia who stuck the shades on my face. >>>



I was sleepy and spent some relaxed time at home while Priscilla went to her ballet class. After a dinner that consisted of Naomi's spring rolls and good Japanese style rice, we went to the deaf event as Starbucks. Well, it's some kind of event that allows deaf people to get together with each other and meet new people. As ASL students, we are supposed to attend at least 2 deaf events, so this became one of them.

Well, we didn't stay long at Starbucks with the deaf people. After maybe 20 minutes, we met one of Naomi's clients (?) who has been coming to Kaimuki Christian Church recently. He's a music guy whose vision is to minister to people in Japan through music (to be specific, black gospel). Well, the conversation became very long and lasted until almost 10:30pm. During that time, we met quite a few of the other church people who just happened to drop by.

Now I feel rather tired, and my left arm is giving me some trouble by getting cramps. So I will soon take a shower and go to bed. Good night!

6 Comments:

At 11:35 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Lol, nice pic of you with the cool shades and weird little...towel (?) on your head. :P

 
At 11:48 PM, Blogger Maki said...

yes, Malia did the towel too! LOL

 
At 12:50 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

hehe!

 
At 3:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you come back to Japan, we can go and eat your favorite ika at the 'newly found' seafood place.

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger Maki said...

What.. there is a new seafood place?? :D I have to go there then!

 
At 10:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not new but it's newly found.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home