Friday, September 02, 2005

The Epic of Gilgamesh

There's not much to write about today... Erin woke me up in the morning to go to ASL class, just like I had asked her to. We took a short, easy quiz during class. We had to identify some verrry easy signs like "name" and "what", then write them down on the paper.

The rest of the day was spent wholly at home. I read the book The Epic of Gilgamesh after Priscilla finished reading it. We have to read it for our history class and write an analysis paper about it. This epic is a big deal because it's the earliest recorded epic in world history... thousands of years old. For all that, the story wasn't that interesting.. reminded me of Homer, what with all the fickle gods tossing the mortals around!

The story was recorded on several thousand pieces of weird clay tablets like this. I think I would get a headache trying to read this cuneiform! Imagine going through thousands of these tablets just to finish one "book"!


The rest of the day was spent studying, on the computer, or reading. That's pretty much my day... of course I could write longer if I wanted to list each and every little thing I did today, but I won't put you through that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home