Sunday, October 09, 2005

Another birthday dinner!

This morning, we started our own Sunday service at 9:00am. Oh, but before that, Priscilla and I washed our poor birdpoop-ridden car clean! We consider that a great accomplishment, although the car gets dirty again very quickly.

Today was Naomi's turn to lead the service.. Her message's title was The Law of Christ; she talked about our having to help our brothers and sisters in Christ with the spirit. She had prepared the message in English but spoke in Japanese.
At the 10:30am KCC service, Priscilla played the drums! Woohoo!! I think she did a great job... the worship team had unity, and overall it was very good.
Pastor Ron preached about Mormonism today... it was a pretty long one that involved three guest speakers. Dave also came up as usual and did his little skit with Pastor Ron, which was really funny!

After getting home, the others simply went splat upon their beds and promptly fell asleep. Well, maybe I exaggerated that a bit... but the others obviously needed a nap. I myself was not sleepy, so I stayed awake.

From 5:00pm, we went to a very nice retaurant at Ward to celebrate Tiffany(one of the church friends)'s birthday. There were a few others who came: Don, Brandon and Christi, and Yoko.

The birthday girl! (some of us were saying that the guy who served us looked somewhat like an Asian Jim Carrey)






Not a very good picture... none of them are smiling!






The food was full course, so naturally many of us were stuffed by the time dessert! came The nine of us said our good-byes and left at around 7:30pm.

I think that I am getting more used to these chuch people's company and am more comfortable with them than I used to be... I belive that's a good progress. :)

Eighth week of school, here I come!!!








1 Comments:

At 4:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Lol, he DOES look like an Asian version of Jim Carey...Carrey. Carry. Whatever.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home