Monday, October 03, 2005

A 2-day post

My most sincere apologies for not updating the blog yesterday... I was about to when I discovered that Blogger wasn't working! I must admit that Priscilla and I cheered a little when we found out. "Yay no blog-writing today!" LOL But I'll make up for it by putting up photos from Sunday. :D

Sunday:

We did our own service first before going to the 10:30am KCC service. It was Erin's turn to lead again, and she even played the keyboard during worship. She talked about faith and works. The KCC service was just about the same as the Friday one, except it was a little better.

From here on to the rest of the day, we celebrated three people's birthdays: Pastor's, Aunt Jean's, and Don's. Priscilla and Naomi did a webcam conference with Pastor while he opened his presents. Happy Birthday to him!! :D

For lunch, we went out to Jackie's Kitchen, a Chinese food chain store at Ala Moana. I've been to the one at Yokohama Station before, but never to the one here. It was actually pretty different from the one in Japan... richer, maybe. I loved all the food! Aunt Jean was very happy to celebrate her birthday with us. :)


A couple photos of Ala Moana, also a popular place for tourists.










At Jackie's Kitchen.























Happy Birthday to our dear Aunt Jean!!

We got about a 1 1/2 hour break at home before setting off again, this time to celebrate Don's birthday. For those who don't know, Don's a friend from the church. There were eleven people in all who came to celebrate at this Japanese restaurant called Shokudo Japanese.

We had lots of fun there, and some of the food was genuine Japanese stuff. The only food that was funny was the okonomiyaki, which had ketchup on it. As time went, some people started going a bit hyper (?). Look at Don with his cute litle birthday gift bag!


Hmm, what could be in this?













The four girls.

From left to right: Brandon, Don, Ericson.

Towards the end, Brandon started taking everyone's big, surprised faces with Ericson's camera.

Everyone together!

All in all, it was a tiring but great day... it's not every day you get to celebrate outside for both lunch and dinner! But now I don't think I want to eat out for over a week!

Today (Monday):

School went on as usual, except for the fact that the car was gone in the morning and afternoon, being repaired. Prisiclla and I spent a long time at the campus without going home. We had lunch together with our friend Nichelle. I also got to go to the KCC bookstore and buy the oil paint I needed: Burnt Sienna. Now I can use it for the art class tomorrow!

A typical, everyday Hawaiian rainbow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home