Sunday, September 25, 2005

An Eventful Sunday

We were awakened at 7:15am by Naomi so we could quickly get ready and go to the 8:30 service. As always, the people who attend the early morning service makes it feel more like a church service than the 10:30 one. Paster Ron preached about the practices of Buddhism today. There was one special thing during the service: Ericson gave a presentation about his experiences in Japan and showed a great slide show... yes, all the KCIS kids were in it, as well as the other church people back in Japan!

At home, Naomi led our own service. Her sermon was titled "Precious Stones" and was about us building our lives with things that last. We sang some of the older songs from our church, which was nice to sing again!

After lunch, while Priscilla and Erin were watching the movie Emma, I started my art homework. The assignment was this: I am to paint anything within reason (from scenery to still life) until Tuesday. Since I did not know what to paint, I decided to do something challenging by painting something made of glass:









After almost 2 hours, I finished! Here is the result. I'm still a little worried if it really looks like glass.

From five o'clock in the evening, we attended the
annual family celebration at Kaimuki Christian Church. Once every year, the members of the church gather to announce the church's financial and elder stuff. Though Priscilla and I weren't members, we went anyway for the food which everyone had prepared. :P

The food was much like the buffet lunch we have at our church in Japan (except I think the food in Japan is slightly better). The church people brought food of their own making. Everything was delicious, and now for the third night in a row I am stuffed!

We sat in a circle together with some friends, so I took this opportunity to take some photos!

Sitting around in a circle...







This is an example of what happens to two people who have lived too long together. Observe the same angle of the tilting heads, the chopsticks held up, one leg slung over the other, and the same kind of smile. Scary!

We got home before it got late, and I have been here in my room since. Another week of school starts tomorrow! Wow it's already the 6th week... 11 more to go!

4 Comments:

At 12:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aa I want to see the picture you drew, the glass one...and your other pictures...but as you said the image upload isn't working...so I guess I'll have to wait till tomorrow

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

LOL, I like your comment about the two people living together! Lol, the glass pic is really nice...

 
At 7:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very beautiful painting. Yes, it does look like glass. What kind of paint did you use?
Interesting observation and comments about the 2 girls. They both look very beautiful too! ;-)

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger Maki said...

It does look like glass? Thank you.. I am somewhat relieved now. :)
The painting is done in oil... everything I do at class is done in oilpaint, because that's the medium we study in that class.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home