Sunday, September 18, 2005

Angry-looking Genki Sushi


This morning, our church service started at 9:00am instead of 8:30, so we did not have to wake up until around 8:00. It was Erin's turn to lead; she talked about our having to prepare and be prepared for what God is going to do for us. The title was something like "The Way of God"... not sure as we only heard it in Japanese.

We arrived at Kaimuki Christian Church 20 minutes before the 10:30am service started. The worship was really good today compared to the weeks before, and it was very fun and not any kind of professional-performancy thing.

We all came back, ate our own lunch, then spent some lazy time at home. Erin went to swim at a nearby swimming pool in the afternoon, and Naomi and Priscilla drove to Costco to do some shopping and let Priscilla do some practice on driving. She seems to think she's not going to do well getting the license, but I think she's gonna do just fine!

In the evening, we went to a kaiten-sushi place called Genki Sushi. From what I heard, it's the place where Ericson's father works. It wasn't that big a place (well, compared to some sushi places in Japan) but the sushi was better than I'd expected, especially the salmon, which was big and fresh! The chawan-mushi was good, too! Oh, and that picture on top of the blog next to today's title is the logo for Genki Sushi... don't ask me why it looks angry, I don't know.

Since I took no photos today, I'll post a random one. This is the view from in front of Mokihana (our ASL class building) in the morning around 8:00am.









Oh, and here's something I found interesting: The Japanese rendition of the Phantom of the Opera. It cracks me up when Erik (Phantom) goes "Sing for meeee, my Angel of Music!" in Japanese! LOL.. Don't get me wrong, the cast is wonderful, especially the Phantom!
http://www.shiki.gr.jp/applause/operaza/song.html

1 Comments:

At 11:26 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Lol, angry onigiri? I'm listening to the music now...lol...it's so strange hearing it in Japanese!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home