Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Map Quiz coming up...

Today, during History class, we learned about the early civilizations of the Aryans and Dravidians; how they got to India and made the caste system. It was pretty interesting, but there is a map quiz coming up on Thursday, so I'd better start studying! There's also a book on Hinduism which I have to read.. great.

After having lunch at home, we each went to our afternoon classes. I took my homework (the candle in the glass) to my painting class, and the others somehow figured that it was mine although it was put up on the wall with the rest of the paintings. Most people painted easier objects such as pears, so mine kinda stood out. The instructor himself said I did pretty well with the glass... I think I'm glad I did something different from the others this time.

We started painting on our canvas, but I didn't get very far. Only finished the background of a still life painting of a teddy bear with some random objects like a lemon and a bottle.

Soon after I got home, Priscilla and Naomi left for a tap dance class as the University of Hawaii (UH) in which Priscilla was to participate. Erin and I were left at home, so I did the cooking. Well, not much of a cooking, since there was instant curry (wonderful invention!), some salad and leftovers. We also ate what remained of my birthday cake from last week. :P

I finished up my ASL homework after dinner. Seriously, our ASL instructor gives us too much homework. This class isn't even writing-intensive, but we have to write a full-paged paper for every chapter we read from our homework book. I'm fine with it, but I feel sorry for Erin who already has so much to do from her other classes.

Well, that's it for today. Miss all of you in Japan... good night!

2 Comments:

At 11:27 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Heh, we miss you toooo...at least I do! :P Wooh, good luck on ASL homework and that's neat that your art homework STOOD OUT. ^_^

 
At 11:44 PM, Blogger Elle said...

We all miss her! Everybody in the church misses her! Everybody in the school misses her! Ok maybe I'm kinda annoying.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home