Friday, October 07, 2005

A nice, artsy day :)

Today was long, and although I was home most of the day I feel that it was pretty eventful. For some reason, I felt "artsy" today... like I could draw or paint just about anything into being. So after my last class of the week (ASL) was finished, I started drawing with charcoal.


A wooden pineapple on my desk.


















This one didn't take that much time or effort... but the next one sure did!



I found a nice photo of the Japanese castle Matsumoto-Jo and decided to draw it. This one was more challenging, since the castle is pretty complicated.









The picture again, surrounded by random stuff.



Amazing what you can do with a kneaded eraser!







While I was absorbed in my drawings, Naomi went shopping to Costco. Erin, as on every Fridays, was gone working at her intern. Priscilla also went to her ballet class in the afternoon.

Priscilla and Naomi went to the Friday evening service at KCC because it was Priscilla's first time to play drums at a service! Erin and I stayed at home. We were all going to eat out with the others from the church to celebrate one of the church friends' birthday, but since the birthday person didn't show up, the two of us stayed home and ate at home while Naomi and Priscilla ate out with a small group.
After dinner, Erin showed me basic cosmetic techniques... yeah, I might start doing makeup. Shock horror!! Well, we'll see how that'll turn out. :P Erin also let me hook up her speakers on my computer! (up to now I've been using headphone) I'm so happy about that! :D

It's almost eleven o'clock now, and Naomi and Priscilla should return home soon, or I'm going to fall asleep before they come back! LOL

4 Comments:

At 11:48 PM, Blogger Elle said...

Wow! The pictures you drew are so good~!

 
At 12:10 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

GREAT pictures, but wow, you're gonna do make up?

 
At 3:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like your art! especially the cute bird on your keyboard. You must be missing your birds very much.

 
At 6:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Maki. First time to comment. Today is a public holiday here but rainy. I just happened to look at your blog. Wow! You can hold an exhibition of your art pieces. You and Erin have a post waiting for you both at KCIS - Art teachers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home