Saturday, October 08, 2005

A Day at the Magic Island

To my surprise, I didn't wake up this morning until 9:30am! This made the morning short... I did help clean up the house though. Priscilla went to her tap dance class in the moring, so I was alone in the room, enjoying the speakers Erin had lent me the other day.

From 2:00pm, all four of us went to a Beach BBQ to which Ericson, who planned the whole thing, had invited us. There were a little more than 15 people altogether, including the guys and the Japanese girls from the Transpacific College. The BBQ took place at Magic Island, near Ala Moana. It's a beautiful, grassy place, although not really an island.

Some of us played volleyball...









...while others stayed in the shades.











Everyone together! :D



Erin went to relax at the beach by herself, so I went to join her after a game of volleyball with another girl, a Japanese student called Kaori. Kaori is a really nice girl and can speak pretty good English. She thought I was half (because of my English) and over 20 (!!).

Erin and I stayed at Magic Island until about 4:30, then left before the others started eating. Why? Because Aunt Jean invited us to go to KCC campus at 6:00pm, where a concert was going on.

The concert turned out to be really fun, and although it was all free, they were all professional people. The first group was a jazz band called Ohana (not the flower). They were all great, including guitar, drums, sax, bass, and keyboard.

Click on the link to see video clips of the concert. (sorry, they are pretty big.. each about 9MB)

The second group was called the Tradewinds and consisted of four black guys who sang wonderfully! They sang many Oldies songs... very fun!!http://d45.yousendit.com/E/1V1MT63JM5P3K16NFREZNLFV90/CIMG1347.AVI
We watched the concert with Aunt Jean and returned home around 8:30pm, where we found Naomi and Priscilla safely home, watching a movie.
Since tomorrow is Sunday, I shall now retire to bed so I'll be completely awake during service at KCC tomorrow... Pastor Ron's going to talk about Mormonism.

1 Comments:

At 12:08 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Cool bass playing in the jazz band! ^_^ Volleyball...I really want to play it now...:P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home